This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Christian Brothers Automotive Corporation (“Christian Brothers”, “we”, “our”) collects and protects the personal information of users of the Christian Brothers Electronic Services. The Christian Brothers Electronic Services enables users to find information about us, manage and access our services, and manage their service contract with Christian Brothers. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and to maintaining various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care.
What personal information Christian Brothers processes
Personal information means any information that identifies, directly or indirectly, an individual. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that is deidentified or aggregated. Personal information may be collected directly from you when you access the Christian Brothers Electronic Services or when you provide information to the Christian Brothers Electronic Services. Personal information may be collected from others through your use of our services, such as through your use of our payment services. We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, telephone number, postal address.
- Commercial Information such as vehicle information, records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Location information such as zip code.
- Internet or other electronic network activity such as computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, how long you spent on a page, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website and information about your use of and actions on our website.
- Payment information, such as credit card information.
We do not intentionally collect personal information of minors and this website is not intended for use by minors.
Why Christian Brothers processes personal information
Christian Brothers collects and uses personal information to:
- provide and deliver products and services that you request;
- inform you about product or service updates, including new products, new services, upcoming changes or improvements;
- improve our products and services, such as through customer satisfaction surveys;
- process your payment;
- manage, maintain, and protect our website, electronic and digital environment; and
- comply with legal requirements.
Third parties to whom Christian Brothers discloses personal information and why
Christian Brothers discloses the categories of personal information identified, including identifiers, commercial information, internet activity, and payment activity to the following third parties:
- payment processors
- tax advisors
- insurance brokers
- entities assessing our compliance with industry standards
- investigation providers
- printing and mailing companies
- email delivery providers
- survey providers
- security vendors
- data analytics providers
- information technology vendors
- web hosting providers and other similar services
- transactional parties, in the event of any contemplated or actual re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stocks
- government agencies, law enforcement authorities, or judicial bodies
Christian Brothers does not disclose personal information to any third party unless one of the following applies:
- We may share personal information about you when we have your consent to do so.
We may share personal information about you in certain circumstances, where
we have a good faith belief that the disclosure of the personal information
is reasonably necessary for the following:
- to comply with applicable laws, and to respond to lawful subpoenas or legal processes.
- to respond to an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share personal information about you when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information about you with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with our partners to illustrate trends or for their own uses.
We do not sell personal information to any third party.
Cookies and Analytics
We use third party analytics tools, including cookies, to improve the performance of our website. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website. This type of information is collected to make the website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
We use third party analytics tools from Google, Microsoft and Matomo. These third party analytics tools may collect personal information. These third party analytics tools are governed by their own privacy policies, and you are encouraged to visit their websites to learn more about their privacy practices.
Your Consumer Rights
Depending on where you live, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and the right to access the personal information being processed.
- Right to Correct Inaccuracies. You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information or request inaccurate personal information be corrected.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to delete or have your personal information deleted, subject to certain exceptions. If an exception prevents us from deleting your personal information we will inform you at the time you make the request.
- Right to Obtain a Copy. You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that will allow you to transmit the data to another.
- Right to Opt Out of Processing. You have the right to opt out of processing for purposes of targeted advertising.
To make a request, you may submit a request through our website, available here, or by sending us an email at [email protected]. [JT1] [PW2] To allow us to verify your identity, please provide us with your first and last name, your phone number, zip code, and your last location visited, if applicable. In your communication, please let us know which rights you wish to exercise. We will respond to your request within the 45-day period required by applicable law. In the event we cannot respond to your request, we will notify you of the reasons for the delay and the extended period for response. If we determine that we cannot respond to your request for any reason, we will notify you of the reasons for taking no action and for any instructions as to how to appeal.
You may use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. The authorized agent must provide us with proof of your written permission (for example, a power of attorney) that demonstrates authorization to submit a request on your behalf. An authorized agent must follow the process described above to make a request and must verify the agent’s own identity.
How Christian Brothers protects personal information
Christian Brothers takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the security of your personal information using industry-standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Christian Brothers collects and stores personal information about you in a safe and secure database. We strive to follow industry standard practices for managing and securing electronic data.
Christian Brothers also limits access to personal information about you to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that personal information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Christian Brothers’ use of linked sites
Your privacy is important to us. Christian Brothers’ website may contain links to other sites, over which Christian Brothers has no control. Christian Brothers is not responsible for the privacy practices of other companies or individuals, or of other sites that are linked from our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies and individuals.
Christian Brothers’ contact information
Questions, comments, or concerns related to this Notice or our privacy practices, can be made by contacting us at [email protected].
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time. As required, we will notify you of an updated and amended copy of this Notice.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 2/1/2024.