1. Schedule Your Appointment
Whether scheduling online or over the phone be sure and let us know what you're experiencing so we can provide fast and accurate service advice.
2. Diagnostics and Inspections
Drop off your vehicle and the shop will get to work with inspections and diagnostics using the same equipment as the manufacturers to determine issues and next steps.
3. Digital Vehicle Inspection Report and Estimate
Following the diagnosis we will text you a digital vehicle inspection report, containing pictures and videos of our findings and recommendations.
4. Review and Approval
A service advisor will reach out to walk you through the findings and recommendations to determine how you would like to proceed, or you can approve work directly in your DVI.
5. Work Performed or Scheduled
Most work can be completed immediately, or scheduled based on parts and customer availability.
What is the Importance of an Oil & Filter Change
Many people are guilty of putting off oil changes because they don’t
seem like a big deal, but clean oil and oil filters are essential in maintaining
a healthy engine. Oil lubricates the multitude of moving parts within
your engine, allowing it to run smoothly. Over time, oil breaks down and
becomes gummy or watery, and doesn’t work as well. If left unchanged,
old oil can cause expensive and inconvenient engine problems.
At Christian Brothers Automotive, we know oil and filter changes like the back of our hand. We will refill your oil levels and replace your oil filter. At that time, we will also offer a complimentary courtesy inspection to review the health and safety of your vehicle, where our experienced auto technicians visually inspect the major and minor systems within your vehicle.
Oil helps lubricate and cool the various parts of your engine, while reducing friction, diminishing wear, and forming a seal between the pistons, rings, and cylinder walls. Without the cleaning power of new oil & filters, carbon and particle buildup become toxic to the engine. This is why we recommend that you follow the interval as suggested in your owner's manual. Getting regular oil and filter changes is a small price to pay to avoid expensive engine repair or breakdown.
Benefits of oil changes include:
- Improves gas mileage: your engine’s moving parts create friction and slow your vehicle down. Replacing dirty oil with cleaner oil reduces friction, meaning there is less resistance while driving, allowing you to get a few extra miles per gallon.
- Reduces emissions: all automobiles produce pollution. You can reduce the harm you do to the environment by getting your oil changed regularly, as clean oil doesn’t burn.
- Prevents sludge buildup: as oil runs through your engine, it accumulates debris and dirt particles. While your filters are designed to prevent sludge from entering your engine, some particles will slip through. Clean oil and oil filters keep your engine running smoothly and efficiently.
- Improved performance: a well-lubricated engine allows you to experience a smooth ride while driving. Oil changes reduce friction in your engine, so clean oil provides the smoothest ride possible.
- Preserves engine life: you can add years to your vehicle’s life with regular oil and filter changes. Maintaining a well-lubricated, cleanly filtered engine will ensure you get the most out of your vehicle–from gas mileage and performance to longevity of life.
Q. "What happens if I wait too long for an oil change?"Your oil helps lubricate and absorb heat within your engine. If you wait too long to get an oil change, your engine will eventually have severe and costly issues. Luckily oil changes are relatively inexpensive and have a quick service time. Click here to learn more about the consequences of not replacing your vehicle's oil.
Q. "What type of oil should I get for my vehicle?"This depends on what vehicle you drive. Each type has its own benefits such as life expectancy or price. If you are unsure what type of oil is right for your car, we can help you determine the best option for you.
Q. "How much oil does my vehicle require?"Most vehicles hold between 5 and 8 quarts, but it largely depends on the size of your engine.
Q. "What is a Digital Vehicle Inspection?"With a complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection (DVI) on every visit, you’ll see firsthand photos of your vehicle from under the hood. We’ll let you know if everything is functioning properly or if there are any areas of concern. You can even approve or deny our service recommendations, all straight from your smartphone, or you can, of course, give us a call and we’ll explain our findings in further detail.
Q. "Do you offer a warranty?"As part of our Nice difference.® commitment to providing our customers the best auto service experience possible, we also offer a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all the work that we do. We offer this warranty at every Christian Brothers Automotive nationwide, and it will be honored at any location, regardless of which branch did the initial work.
Q. "Can you provide service under my extended warranty?"Yes. At Christian Brothers Automotive, we work with all major extended warranty providers to make needed repairs for our customers. If you have an extended warranty, you can discuss your carrier with our team when scheduling an appointment and confirm that the work will be covered. You can find a partial list of the extended warranty companies we work with here.
Have more Questions?
Our friendly auto service experts have the answers.
Call your local Christian Brothers Automotive car shop today
Hear What Our Customers Had to Say About Us
"I liked the customer service and going above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable while waiting in the store for my vehicle work to be done, specifically being offered a nice hot coffee with creamer."