To help out, has a some advice for you. Follow the steps below anytime fog hits while you are driving:
- Keep an appropriate following distance between your car and the car in front of you. This will allow you to react to any sudden stopping, quick turns, or other unexpected incidents.
- Before you leave, make sure you check the weather forecast. Give yourself some extra time to get to your destination if fog is expected.
- Keep an eye on the lines on the right side of the road. This will help you anticipate where the road is heading.
- Look to see if your vehicle is equipped with fog lights or driving lights. These are designed to make it much easier to see when you are driving in the fog. If you don’t have fog lights, use your low beams.
- Make sure you are extra careful while driving through fog. This is not the time to speed or drive aggressively. Pull your vehicle over and turn on your hazard lights if conditions become unbearable.
Thanks for taking the time to read a few of these safety tips. We hope everyone in the community has a safe holiday season.