Nice Difference® Warranty Limitations and Exclusions
The Christian Brothers Automotive Nice Difference® Warranty, (the “Warranty”), is a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty on new components and their installation against defects in manufacturer workmanship and materials. Normal operational wear, excessive or abusive use, performance modifications, and commercial use are not covered under this Warranty.
Any limitations and exclusions detailed in your specific repair invoice are in addition to the following and take precedence over the general Terms, Limitations, and Exclusions.
The earliest effective date of the Warranty is 10/1/2019.
Warranty coverage will not exceed the dollar amount of the original repair.
Eligible Repairs and Services
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Climate Control Systems
- Engine Cooling System(s)
- Engine Performance, Drivability Services and Repairs
- Emission Control System(s)
- Fuel System(s)
- Electronic Engine Management System and other On-Board Computer Systems (engine, body, brake, and suspension computers)
- Cruise Control Systems.
- Brake System(s)
- Starting and Charging Systems.
- Electrical System(s)
- Exhaust System(s)
- Ignition Systems(s)
- Steering/Suspension Systems
- Wheel Bearings
- CV Joints, Half-Shafts, and Drive Shafts
- Other Minor Repairs
Services Not Covered By This Warranty
- Any internal repairs or replacement of internal components, or replacement of engine assembly.
- Automatic – any internal repair or component replacement requiring the removal of the automatic transmission or transaxle from the vehicle or disassembly of the same.
- Manual – any internal repair or component replacement requiring the removal of the transmission or transaxle from the vehicle or disassembly of the same.
- Clutches – Clutch component or assembly repair or replacement.
Drive Axle/Differential Assembly
- Any repair or component replacement requiring the removal of internally lubricated components or replacement of the drive axle/differential assembly. Pinion Seals
- Body, Paint, Molding Repair
- Commercial Vehicles
- Preventive Maintenance Services
- Normal Wear & Tear
- Used or Salvaged Parts
- All "performance parts and accessories" unless otherwise specified
The following kinds of vehicles are subject to a Warranty period limited to and not to extend the written warranty provided by the manufacturer of any such installed part. Labor reimbursement is not eligible.
- Motor homes, including van-conversion chassis.
- Ambulances, including both emergency response and non-emergency patient transportation.
- Transit/school bus
- Tow truck, including both licensed and private use.
- Automotive off-highway use, including registered and non-registered automotive chassis vehicles that are not subject to highway-use tax.
- Package delivery, including US Postal Service vehicles (LLV-FFV) and rural route vehicles.
- Police car/truck/van, including pursuit, cruiser, and prisoner transportation.
- Any vehicle over a one (1) ton capacity.
- Snow removal, including private, commercial, and municipal. Snow removal is defined as any vehicle equipped with snow blade attachments or mounting hardware.
The following parts are subject to limitations either reducing time and mileage parameters of the Warranty or voiding all stated and implied warranties for approved parts. Labor reimbursement is not eligible.
- Junkyard/salvage yard or used part, defined as any part that has been installed and utilized by any other vehicle, licensed or not.
- Sublet or rebuilt parts, defined as any parts disassembled or reassembled with the intent to repair or refurbish, or any parts produced by a commercially non-recognized industry “remanufacturer.”
- Remanufactured engines, transmissions, differentials, and transfer cases are warrantied only by the remanufacturer. All warranty conditions and coverages are limited to those specified by the remanufacturer and are not included in the Nice Difference.® Warranty.
Customer-supplied parts are void of all written, promised, and implied warranties, including but not limited to the Warranty. Labor reimbursement resulting from the failure of any such part, and any damage related to or caused by the installed customer-supplied part, is not eligible for Warranty coverage. All customer-supplied parts may be installed on “as-is” basis, subject to a higher published installation labor rate, and/or at the discretion of the individual Christian Brothers Automotive location.
Third Party Warranty Providers
Christian Brothers Automotive may utilize a third-party warranty provider for repairs beyond 25 miles from the originating repair facility. Authorization from this third-party provider must be obtained before Warranty repairs are approved or initiated.
ALL WARRANTY SERVICE MUST BE AUTHORIZED BY THE ORIGINATING CHRISTIAN BROTHERS FACILITY IN ADVANCE. REPAIRS PERFORMED WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR COVERAGE OR REIMBURSEMENT UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
Three Steps to Get a Claim Processed, Approved and Paid (customers from another facility)
If you would like to submit a warranty claim for warranty work provided by a third party warranty provider, please call the toll-free claims service number and follow the three steps listed below.
Toll-Free Claims Service 1-833-863-0014
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. excluding holidays
- Vehicle still within coverage period
- Original facility more than 25 miles away
- Secure a copy of the customer’s original invoice.
- Diagnose the failure. (Customer must agree)
- Prepare estimate to perform corrective repairs. (Normal labor rates apply)
- For out-of-area warranty authorization, call toll-free: 1-833-863-0014
Submit for Payment
Mail or fax a copy of the following to Warranty Administrator, P.O. Box
17659, Golden, CO 80402 or 1-866-449-7301:
- Customer’s original invoice
- Signed copy of the warranty repair invoice