As citizens of Springfield, we still need to take care of our air and make sure our cars are running as clean and safe as possible. The technicians at Christian Brothers Automotive Springfield are going to share some of their tips on how to help cut back on vehicle air pollution and keep your car safe on the road.
How to save gas when you drive
Staying up-to-date on your vehicle’s regular maintenance, such as oil and air filter changes, will keep your car running efficiently and smoothly. Make sure your tires are still holding the recommended amount of air and have good tread. Well maintained tires have less contact with the ground, which creates less friction.
Carpooling with coworkers, driving the speed limit and planning errands and other trips into a single outing will help you use less gas. While driving efficiently will save you money, it will also help us maintain the high air quality we enjoy in Springfield.
How to maintain your vehicle’s safety
Everyone is responsible for making sure their car is safe to drive before hitting the open road. The technicians at our Springfield auto repair center put together a check list of items you can easily check at home:
- Tires have enough air and the tread is in good condition
- Side view and rearview mirrors are securely attached
- Horn works properly
- Brake lights, taillights, headlights, and turn signals all work
- License plate is properly secured
A professional should check other, more complicated mechanical parts. Here’s what your local mechanic should be checking for when take your car to the auto shop:
- The brakes are in working order
- Equipment such as the battery, spark plugs, and belts are functioning properly and aren’t ready to be changed
- Your tires don’t need to be rotated or changed
- All the fluids (oil, transmission, brake, radiator, power steering, and windshield fluids) are at their proper levels
- The air filter is clean
At Christian Brothers Automotive Springfield, we’re dedicated to making sure you’re as safe as possible on the road. If you have any concerns about your vehicle, bring it by our Springfield auto shop for a courtesy inspection! The 2-year/24,000-mile Nice Difference warranty guarantees our services will fix your problem. Call us today to schedule a courtesy inspection and make sure your car is safe and reliable.