Fully operational brakes are essential to vehicle safety and reliability.
When you press the brake pedal and stop the tires from turning, you should feel confident that your car will come to a quick, precise, complete stop.
Did you know the brake system’s health and function are largely in your hands? Paying attention to maintenance schedules and the willingness to address problems immediately will keep your brakes working as they should for years.
When do you need brake system service?
An annual brake inspection keeps them responsive. These assessments detect problems quickly, which helps you avoid expensive replacements. You should also schedule a brakes check immediately if you experience the following:
- Continuous squeaking, squealing, or grinding
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light comes on
- The car jerks or pulls to one side when braking
- The brakes have to be pumped to work properly
- The brake pedal feels unusually soft and spongy or hard
- Brake fluid is leaking around the wheels or engine compartment
The problem can be immediately dealt with if you call for an appointment as soon as trouble spots are discovered. Every drive should be safe and care-free.
What does brake system service include?
Whenever your car is brought into our Schertz auto repair shop, our ASE-certified technicians check your brake pads and fluids. Our knowledgeable technicians evaluate these two components to ensure the brake pads are the proper thickness and the brake fluid is clean.
Every 15,000 – 30,000 miles, we suggest a full system inspection. This service includes:
- Replacing worn brake pads and/or brake shoes
- Replacing brake fluid as needed
- Repacking wheel bearings as needed
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums as needed
- Adjusting the parking brake
- Lubricating specified components
At Christian Brothers Automotive Schertz, we cover brake system service and repair by our 2-year/24,000-mile Nice Difference Warranty.
To schedule a brake check today, call Christian Brothers Automotive in Schertz, Texas. Discover the nice difference!