Remember These Simple Tips to Drive Safely in the Rain in Round Rock, TX
This is the time of year in Round Rock that rain storms are more likely to occur. Even if you like this weather, you can certainly agree that it can make driving more frustrating. That's why the team at Christian Brothers would like to present you with a few easy steps to improve driving in rainy weather.
- Replace your windshield wipers: Are your wiper blades streaking, squeaking, or skipping? If so, it's probably time to replace them. Also, you can inspect your blades for corrosion or other damage that might be a sign for change. A new set of blades will do wonders for enhancing your visibility to help you better react to anything that happens while you are on the road.
- Eliminate distractions: Rainstorms are not the time to be talking on the phone, messing with your radio, or eating a hamburger. Keep both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road and your mirrors.
- Drive at a comfortable speed: During a rainstorm, do not use cruise control. Even if other cars around you are speeding, you can stay below the posted speed limits within a range you feel good about.
- Keep a safe distance: Stay five car lengths, or one second per ten miles per hour, behind the car in front of you. This will give you ample time to brake quickly or react to anything that may happen in front of you.
- Be prepared: Skidding and hydroplaning can happen to anyone, even the safest driver. If you start skidding, do not slam on the brakes! Remain calm and slowly steer in the direction you want to go. Similar steps should be followed if you begin hydroplaning.
Make sure you keep these steps in mind to improve your chances of safe travel during rain in Round Rock.