MVE/VIN Inspections in Kansas

The state of Kansas requires anyone with a salvage or out-of-state title to complete a Motor Vehicle Enforcement (MVE) or VIN Inspection, prior to registering their vehicle. While not everyone is required to complete a state inspection like in some other states, if you do find yourself in need of one, it must be completed at a Highway Patrol Vehicle Inspection Office. Unfortunately, as an independent automotive repair shop, we cannot perform your inspection for you. However, we can address any concerns you may have with your vehicle before or after your inspection.

For help on where to start with your Kansas inspection, follow the steps below.

How do I get an MVE/VIN Inspection?

To get an MVE/VIN Inspection for your vehicle, make an appointment at an Inspection Station most convenient to you. A list of locations can be found on the Kansas Highway Patrol website here.

What do I need to get my vehicle inspected?

  • $20.00 for a regular inspection fee, $25.00 for a salvage inspection fee
  • Valid Driver’s License (can be from any state)
  • Vehicle to be inspected
  • Original vehicle title
  • Documentation associated with the vehicle purchase
  • **Proof of Insurance is not required

Click here for more information from the Kansas Highway Patrol’s Frequently Asked Questions.

What do I do once I have completed my inspection?

Once you have a completed inspection form, it does not expire, though your title does. Be sure to visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Office to complete your registration on time. For a list of locations, click here.

At Christian Brothers Automotive, we’re here to help.

If your inspection brings up any concerns with your vehicle, we’re happy to help. Our certified technicians are experienced in automotive repair and getting your vehicle ready for your inspection so you can get you and your family back on the road as soon as possible. To schedule a service appointment, call us today at