Why the Battery Matters
Your car’s battery is in charge of three essential tasks:
- Providing the initial power to start the engine
- Keeping itself recharged to generate future power
- Maintaining a low current to power electrical components
Without the battery, your vehicle would not turn on and many of the auxiliary electrical components would not function properly. It’s important to keep up with this vital car part.
Car Battery Lifespan
A typical car battery will last between 3 and 6 years. However, there are things you can do to prolong your battery’s lifespan. These include:
- Turn off electrical systems when the car is off
- Take longer car trips
- Start the car in the garage during colder temperatures
- Remove the negative battery connection during long periods of non-use
- Adjust the solution levels when low
One mistake many Independence and Blue Springs drivers make is leaving the car lights or radio on when the engine is not running. This can quickly drain the battery, and require a jump start.
Warning Signs of Battery Issues
There are a few signs that your battery is on its way out. These include:
- Slow engine crank
- Check engine light
- Low battery fluid level
If you’re noticing issues with your car or truck battery, call our auto repair shop near Blue Springs, Missouri today. One of our ASE-certified technicians will perform a battery charge test to let you know whether it’s time for a battery replacement. Call Christian Brothers Automotive Independence today, and experience the nice difference!