Braking For Joy
Are your brakes squeaking or grinding when you’re stopping at red lights down Highway 79? While that can be unsafe, it can also be very annoying! It is vital that your braking system is always in tip top shape. Since there is nothing that brings more joy to us than keeping your family safe, we offer free brake inspections for all our guests.
How do you know if you need to come in for our free courtesy brake inspection? Here are some common indicators that your brakes need attention:
- Your brake light came on
- Squeaky, screeching, or grinding
- A burning smell
- Fluid leaking
- A vibration in the steering wheel or brake pedal
- Soft or spongy brakes
- Stiff brake pedal
There are several essential components to your braking system, and our ASE certified technicians are well equipped to inspect and replace any damaged parts. As your partners in automotive care, we service your brakes as thoroughly as possible, conducting a full inspection before determining and fixing the problem.
What We Check
- Thickness of brake pads
- Wear and thickness of rotors (disc brake)
- Brake fluid color, consistency, and condition
- Brake hardware
- Brake hoses
How We Can Help
- Part of our responsibility is to ensure we perform a full system check on all brake components. We don’t just change the brake pads and leave the rotors and brake fluid in bad condition. Every brake job includes either resurfacing or replacing your rotors and replacing your brake fluid by performing a brake fluid flush.
- Here at Christian Brothers Automotive in Hutto we know that normal wear and tear is okay. We will let you know whether your brakes have hit an unsafe zone, or if they have a few more solid months still in them. We will only recommend what is needed.
- When your brakes are bad, a dangerous situation can easily occur. If you noticed one of the warning signs above, we invite you to stop by our full-service auto repair shop. You will be greeted by someone from our friendly service staff who will be ready to exceed your expectations and help you in any way. Stop by our location on Highway 79 in Hutto for an honest and comfortable auto repair experience. Just look for the big orange hippo!