Squeaky Brake Syndrome
Squeaking or grinding breaks are not only embarrassing but nerve-racking. If your brakes are worn or just don’t feel 100%, it not only puts others in danger but you and your family as well. Because our Hutto community is so important to us here at Christian Brothers Automotive and keeping your brakes in tip-top shape is a way to protect your family, we are offering free brake inspections. It is the least we can do to take care of your family. This inspection is something we can do routinely when you service your vehicle. But you don’t have to wait until it is time for an oil change or scheduled maintenance.
Here are some common indicators of a brake problem:
- Your brake light comes on
- You are hearing squeaky or screeching brake noises
- There is a burning smell when you apply your brakes
- You feel a vibration in the steering wheel when you apply your brakes
- You have to press the brake harder than usual
Brakes are critical to your safety so one of our ASE certified technicians will gladly check your brakes at no cost to you.
What We Check
- Thickness of brake pads
- Thickness of rotors (disc brake)
- Brake fluid color and consistency
- Other parts of your suspension and steering that could possibly affect your brakes
The Nice Difference
- Unlike other auto repair shops, we are sure to do a full system check and repair. We don’t just change your pads and leave your rotors and brake fluid in bad condition. Every brake job includes either resurfacing or replacing your rotors, and replacing (not topping off) your brake fluid WHEN necessary.
- Here at Christian Brothers Automotive Hutto we know that normal wear and tear is okay. We will let you know whether your brakes have hit an unsafe zone, or if they have a few more solid months still in them. We will only recommend what is needed.
There’s no need to spend one more day worrying about your brakes. We invite you to stop by our full-service auto repair shop on Highway 79 in Hutto for an honest and comfortable auto repair experience. Just look for the big orange hippo!