1. Your engine needs lubrication. The oil you put in your engine lubricates all the moving parts in your engine and keeps them from overheating by lowering the amount of friction in your engine. It also keeps tiny pieces of grit and other particles from abrading the surface of moving parts. Eventually, heat breaks the oil in your engine down so that it becomes thinner and less able to lubricate well, which can lead to engine parts wearing out faster.
2. Sludge builds up in your engine. The tiny pieces of engine debris that mix with your car’s engine oil can form sludge. Unlike uncontaminated oil, sludgy oil sticks to engine components and wears them out faster.
3. The oil filter has to be changed regularly. A regular oil change Frisco schedule is an excuse to change the oil filter as well. The oil filter functions to filter the contaminants in the oil when it breaks down. If the filter is left in place for too long, it can become too clogged to work properly.
4. The right oil level has to be maintained. Even if you check your car’s engine oil level regularly, the level can dip, meaning that your car doesn’t have the proper amount of oil in the crankcase. Taking your car in for oil changes means a trained technician will add the right level of fluids to keep your engine lubricated.
5. Your car may develop a leak. Unless you park in your own driveway every day, you may not notice small drops of oil underneath your car. The technician who changes your oil will remove your oil drain plug from underneath and will be able to tell if your oil is leaking and from where. Gaskets and seals can break down over time and cause leaks. In addition, your engine oil can become contaminated by gasoline and coolant leaks. The technician will spot this during an oil change because the appearance or smell of the oil will be different.
An oil change Frisco isn’t a nuisance or something you should ignore – it is the single most important thing you can do for your car to prevent bigger problems from happening down the road. Choose Christian Brothers Automotive – Frisco for you car’s maintenance. Regular oil changes can be accomplished quickly and we’ll have you back on the road in no time. Call us at 972-299-8501 to schedule an appointment. And visit us online to learn more about car care.
Christian Brothers Automotive
12124 McCree Road Dallas TX
75238 (214) 736-5687