We’re heading into sunny skies and hot temperatures here in Austin, TX. Whether you are sweating out your summer in traffic or hitting the open road, it’s the perfect time to make sure your car is ready to perform in the summer heat. The ASE-certified technicians at Christian Brothers Automotive Brodie Lane are here to ensure your summer doesn’t involve any breakdowns. Check out our summer checklist for auto care.
- Oil change – every 3,000 – 5,000 miles your car needs new oil to protect your engine. For those of you planning on towing anything this summer, oil with a higher viscosity rating is your best bet.
- Belts and Hoses – summer heat and humidity can increase cracks and leaks in belts and hoses. Neglecting them could mean you’ll end up stranded when one of them brakes at the wrong time.
- Windshield Wipers – the Texas sun and heat is known for causing mayhem for wiper blades. If it gets hot enough the wipers may even melt or warp. Keep wiper fluid filled so you can get rid of any bugs or raindrops on the windshield while driving.
- Coolant – summer makes it even more challenging for vehicles to prevent engine overheating. You can help your engine regulate heat by testing the coolant to ensure it’s in good condition and at the correct level. Remember, coolant should be changed once a year.
- Air Conditioning – summer can be unbearable if your A/C isn’t working. We recommend having any problems with your A/C checked out before you start sweating too much. Our Austin technicians can sort out any air conditioning problems and get the cold air blowing again!
At Christian Brothers Automotive Brodie Lane, customer satisfaction is our number one goal. Our friendly staff is here to get your car in shape for summer so you can drive carefree. For any questions regarding car preparation for summer travel, call us today at our auto repair center in Austin, Texas. See the nice difference!