1. Schedule Your Appointment
Whether scheduling online or over the phone be sure and let us know what you're experiencing so we can provide fast and accurate service advice.
2. Diagnostics and Inspections
Drop off your vehicle and the shop will get to work with inspections and diagnostics using the same equipment as the manufacturers to determine issues and next steps.
3. Digital Vehicle Inspection Report and Estimate
Following the diagnosis we will text you a digital vehicle inspection report, containing pictures and videos of our findings and recommendations.
4. Review and Approval
A service advisor will reach out to walk you through the findings and recommendations to determine how you would like to proceed, or you can approve work directly in your DVI.
5. Work Performed or Scheduled
Most work can be completed immediately, or scheduled based on parts and customer availability.
Benefits of An Oil Change
- Improves gas mileage: your engine’s moving parts create friction and slow your vehicle down. Replacing dirty oil with cleaner oil reduces friction, meaning there is less resistance while driving, allowing you to get a few extra miles per gallon.
- Reduces emissions: all automobiles produce pollution. You can reduce the harm you do to the environment by getting your oil changed regularly, as clean oil doesn’t burn.
- Prevents sludge buildup: as oil runs through your engine, it accumulates debris and dirt particles. While your filters are designed to prevent sludge from entering your engine, some particles will slip through. Clean oil and oil filters keep your engine running smoothly and efficiently.
- Improved performance: a well-lubricated engine allows you to experience a smooth ride while driving. Oil changes reduce friction in your engine, so clean oil provides the smoothest ride possible.
- Preserves engine life: you can add years to your vehicle’s life with regular oil and filter changes. Maintaining a well-lubricated, cleanly filtered engine will ensure you get the most out of your vehicle–from gas mileage and performance to longevity of life.
Signs You Need an Oil Change
Sometimes life gets busy and we might forget to keep track of when our last service was. Thankfully, your car will give you some signs when it's time for an oil change.
Here are some key indicators that your vehicle might be due for an oil change:
- Oil Level and Color: If your oil is low or has turned to a dark, dirty color instead of a clear, amber color, it's time for a change.
- Check Engine or Oil Change Light: The most obvious sign is when your "Check Engine" or "Oil Change" light illuminates on your dashboard.
- Loud Engine Noise: Oil provides a protective barrier between engine parts. When this oil is old or depleted, you might hear a louder-than-normal engine noise.
- Oil Smell Inside the Car: If you smell oil inside the car, it could mean that your vehicle is leaking oil.
- Exhaust Smoke: While seeing a vapor coming out of your car in cold weather is normal, actual smoke could be a sign that you have an oil leak.
- Increased Mileage: If you've been driving more than usual, your vehicle may need an oil change sooner than your typical schedule.
Get Your Free Inspection Today!
At Christian Brothers Automotive, we know oil and filter changes like the back of our hand. We will refill your oil levels and replace your oil filter.
At that time, we will also offer a complimentary courtesy inspection to review the health and safety of your vehicle, where our experienced auto technicians visually inspect the major and minor systems within your vehicle.
Q. "What happens if I wait too long for an oil change?"Your oil helps lubricate and absorb heat within your engine. If you wait too long to get an oil change, your engine will eventually have severe and costly issues. Luckily oil changes are relatively inexpensive and have a quick service time. Click here to learn more about the consequences of not replacing your vehicle's oil.
Q. "What type of oil should I get for my vehicle?"This depends on what vehicle you drive. Each type has its own benefits such as life expectancy or price. If you are unsure what type of oil is right for your car, we can help you determine the best option for you.
Q. "How much oil does my vehicle require?"Most vehicles hold between 5 and 8 quarts, but it largely depends on the size of your engine.
Q. "What is a Digital Vehicle Inspection?"With a complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection (DVI) on every visit, you’ll see firsthand photos of your vehicle from under the hood. We’ll let you know if everything is functioning properly or if there are any areas of concern. You can even approve or deny our service recommendations, all straight from your smartphone, or you can, of course, give us a call and we’ll explain our findings in further detail.
Q. "Do you offer a warranty?"As part of our Nice difference.® commitment to providing our customers the best auto service experience possible, we also offer a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all the work that we do. We offer this warranty at every Christian Brothers Automotive nationwide, and it will be honored at any location, regardless of which branch did the initial work.
Q. "Can you provide service under my extended warranty?"Yes. At Christian Brothers Automotive, we work with all major extended warranty providers to make needed repairs for our customers. If you have an extended warranty, you can discuss your carrier with our team when scheduling an appointment and confirm that the work will be covered. You can find a partial list of the extended warranty companies we work with here.
Hear What Our Customers Had to Say About Us
"I liked the customer service and going above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable while waiting in the store for my vehicle work to be done, specifically being offered a nice hot coffee with creamer."