Whenever you press the brake petal, you should feel confident that your vehicle will come to a full stop.
With proper maintenance and regular check-ups, your brake system will function properly for years.
When do you need brake system service?
Scheduling brake system service at least once a year ensures they’re responsive. It also helps you avoid expensive replacements. Schedule an immediate brake check if you ever experience the following:
- Continuous squeaking, squealing, or grinding
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light comes on
- The car jerks or pulls to one side when braking
- The brakes have to be pumped to work properly
- The brake pedal feels unusually soft and spongy or hard
- Brake fluid is leaking around the wheels or engine compartment
As soon as you notice an issue, call for an appointment to solve the problem. This will ensure every drive is safe and help you avoid any extra expense.
What does brake system service include?
The ASE-certified technicians at our Omaha auto repair shop check your brake pads and fluids with every oil change. Our experts evaluate these two elements to ensure the brake pads are thick and the brake fluid is clean.
We also recommend full system service every 15,000 – 30,000 miles. This service includes:
- Replacing worn brake pads and/or brake shoes
- Replacing brake fluid as needed
- Repacking wheel bearings as needed
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums as needed
- Adjusting the parking brake
- Lubricating specified components
At Christian Brothers Automotive Omaha, we guarantee brake system service and repair with our 2-year/24,000-mile Nice Difference Warranty. To schedule a brake check today, call Christian Brothers Automotive in Omaha, Nebraska. We’ll show you the nice difference!