1. Schedule Your Appointment
Whether scheduling online or over the phone be sure and let us know what you're experiencing so we can provide fast and accurate service advice.
2. Diagnostics and Inspections
Drop off your vehicle and the shop will get to work with inspections and diagnostics using the same equipment as the manufacturers to determine issues and next steps.
3. Digital Vehicle Inspection Report and Estimate
Following the diagnosis we will text you a digital vehicle inspection report, containing pictures and videos of our findings and recommendations.
4. Review and Approval
A service advisor will reach out to walk you through the findings and recommendations to determine how you would like to proceed, or you can approve work directly in your DVI.
5. Work Performed or Scheduled
Most work can be completed immediately, or scheduled based on parts and customer availability.
What is the Importance of an Oil & Filter Change
Warning Signs Your Engine is Begging for an Oil Change:
How do you know when to go beyond routine and schedule that vital oil change? Engines have ways of communicating when they need a little TLC.
Here are some telltale signs to listen for:
- Knocking or Ticking: These noises often indicate increased friction due to dirty or worn-out oil.
- Decreased Engine Performance: Sluggish acceleration and lower fuel efficiency can be caused by oil viscosity issues.
- Dark and Gritty Oil: Check your dipstick – dark, dirty, or thick oil means it's time for a change.
- Oil Change Reminder Light: Most cars have this handy sensor – don't ignore its plea for fresh lubrication!
- Exhaust Smoke: Excessive blue or white smoke from the exhaust can point to problems with oil burning.
- Burning Oil Smell: If you detect a burnt oil odor inside or outside the car, schedule an appointment ASAP.
- Increased Engine Temperature: Overheating can be caused by poor lubrication, so keep an eye on your temperature gauge.
- Low Oil Level: Regularly check your oil level – if it's significantly below the recommended mark, top up and schedule a change.
- Rough Idling: A rough, uneven idle can be a symptom of engine issues related to dirty or old oil.
- Unusual Vibrations: Excessive vibrations at idle or while driving can point to internal lubrication problems.
Remember, timely oil changes are crucial for your engine's health and performance. Don't wait for these warning signs to appear. Contact Christian Brothers Automotive Lockport to schedule regular oil changes based on your car's manufacturer recommendations.
Q. "What happens if I wait too long for an oil change?"Your oil helps lubricate and absorb heat within your engine. If you wait too long to get an oil change, your engine will eventually have severe and costly issues. Luckily oil changes are relatively inexpensive and have a quick service time. Click here to learn more about the consequences of not replacing your vehicle's oil.
Q. "What type of oil should I get for my vehicle?"This depends on what vehicle you drive. Each type has its own benefits such as life expectancy or price. If you are unsure what type of oil is right for your car, we can help you determine the best option for you.
Q. "How much oil does my vehicle require?"Most vehicles hold between 5 and 8 quarts, but it largely depends on the size of your engine.
Q. "What is a Digital Vehicle Inspection?"With a complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection (DVI) on every visit, you’ll see firsthand photos of your vehicle from under the hood. We’ll let you know if everything is functioning properly or if there are any areas of concern. You can even approve or deny our service recommendations, all straight from your smartphone, or you can, of course, give us a call and we’ll explain our findings in further detail.
Q. "Do you offer a warranty?"As part of our Nice difference.® commitment to providing our customers the best auto service experience possible, we also offer a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all the work that we do. We offer this warranty at every Christian Brothers Automotive nationwide, and it will be honored at any location, regardless of which branch did the initial work.
Q. "Can you provide service under my extended warranty?"Yes. At Christian Brothers Automotive, we work with all major extended warranty providers to make needed repairs for our customers. If you have an extended warranty, you can discuss your carrier with our team when scheduling an appointment and confirm that the work will be covered. You can find a partial list of the extended warranty companies we work with here.
Hear What Our Customers Had to Say About Us
"I liked the customer service and going above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable while waiting in the store for my vehicle work to be done, specifically being offered a nice hot coffee with creamer."