1. Schedule Your Appointment
Whether scheduling online or over the phone be sure and let us know what you're experiencing so we can provide fast and accurate service advice.
2. Diagnostics and Inspections
Drop off your vehicle and the shop will get to work with inspections and diagnostics using the same equipment as the manufacturers to determine issues and next steps.
3. Digital Vehicle Inspection Report and Estimate
Following the diagnosis we will text you a digital vehicle inspection report, containing pictures and videos of our findings and recommendations.
4. Review and Approval
A service advisor will reach out to walk you through the findings and recommendations to determine how you would like to proceed, or you can approve work directly in your DVI.
5. Work Performed or Scheduled
Most work can be completed immediately, or scheduled based on parts and customer availability.
Signs You May Need Brake Service
Signs that your vehicle may need brake service include:
- Unusual Noises: One of the most common indicators that your brakes need attention is hearing unusual noises. Squeaking, squealing, or grinding sounds when you apply the brakes can be signs of worn brake pads or, in more severe cases, damaged rotors.
- Vibrations or Pulsations: If you feel vibrations or pulsations through the brake pedal or steering wheel when you apply the brakes, it could indicate uneven wear on the brake rotors. This condition, known as brake pulsation, may affect your vehicle's braking performance
- Burning Smell: A distinct burning odor, especially after heavy brake use, may indicate overheated brakes. Overheating can occur due to factors such as aggressive driving or brake system malfunctions.
- Uneven Braking: If your vehicle pulls to one side when braking, it may be a sign of uneven brake pad wear or problems with the brake calipers. This can affect your vehicle's stability
- Longer Stopping Distances: If you notice that your vehicle takes longer to come to a stop than usual, it's a clear indication of reduced braking efficiency. This could be due to worn brake pads, insufficient brake fluid, or other issues that need prompt attention.
- Fluid Leaks Around Wheels: Brake fluid is crucial for your braking system to function properly. Any visible signs of brake fluid leaking around the wheels or near the brake master cylinder must be addressed immediately.
Being attentive to these signs and addressing them promptly can ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your vehicle's braking system. If you observe any of these signs, don't delay – it may be time to get help from our experts!
When it comes to brake services, trust our team at Christian Brothers Automotive Fairfield Township to ensure that your car is in fantastic condition. We have the skills, technology, and experience you need, and our commitment to outstanding customer service ensures that you'll receive the correct diagnosis and the best possible outcome for your vehicle. Get in touch with us today to keep yourself and those around you safe on the road.
Q. "Why is my ABS light on?"There are several reasons your vehicles anti-lock brake system light might be on. The four common reasons that typically cause this light to turn on include a malfunctioning ABS module, low levels in the fluid reservoir, broken wheel speed sensors, or the system is turned off. Learn more here.
Q. "How long will my brake pads last?"There is no perfect answer to this. Brake pads can last up to 70,000 miles while others will need to be replaced as early as 25,000 miles. The type of vehicle you drive, how you use your vehicle and your driving style are all factors to consider. If you are interested in learning more about brake pad wear and how to extend its lifespan click here.
Q. "When do I need to change my brake fluid?"Along with the type of brake fluid, your car’s owner manual will indicate how often you need your brake fluid flushed and replaced. In general, brake fluids flushes are recommended every 30,000 miles or two years. Click here to learn more.
Q. "Do you offer a warranty?"As part of our Nice difference.® commitment to providing our customers the best auto service experience possible, we also offer a3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all the work that we do. We offer this warranty at every Christian Brothers Automotive nationwide, and it will be honored at any location, regardless of which branch did the initial work.
Q. "What is a Digital Vehicle Inspection?"With a complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection (DVI) on every visit, you’ll see firsthand photos of your vehicle from under the hood. We’ll let you know if everything is functioning properly or if there are any areas of concern. You can even approve or deny our service recommendations, all straight from your smartphone, or you can, of course, give us a call and we’ll explain our findings in further detail.
Q. "Can you provide service under my extended warranty?"Yes. At Christian Brothers Automotive, we work with all major extended warranty providers to make needed repairs for our customers. If you have an extended warranty, you can discuss your carrier with our team when scheduling an appointment and confirm that the work will be covered. You can find a partial list of the extended warranty companies we work with here.
Hear What Our Customers Had to Say About Us
"I liked the customer service and going above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable while waiting in the store for my vehicle work to be done, specifically being offered a nice hot coffee with creamer."