Cabin Air Filter
The cabin air filter is a little-known element that can have a huge affect on your car’s efficiency. The cabin filter, which usually sits right in front of the ventilation system, accumulates dirt and debris over time. When the filter becomes too overwhelmed by waste, the air conditioner and heater can be damaged. If you discover AC system problems and bring your car into an amateur auto mechanic, you could pay the price for unnecessary air conditioning or cooling system repairs.
Remember: always replace a sullied air filter. Don’t just clean the filter and re-install.
A few signs your car is ready for a cabin filter change:
- It’s been more than a year since your air filter was last inspected
- You notice a dirty or musty smell from the air vents
- You’ve observed heating or cooling inefficiencies
- You’re experiencing breathing problems, headaches or allergic reactions while driving
Engine Air Intake Filter
While an obstructed cabin air filter can damage the HVAC system, a dirty engine air filter can cause problems with the engine. Driving down the road, your car is sucking in airborne pollutants and shrapnel. These pieces of debris clog the engine filter. A blocked filter restricts airflow into the vehicle, robbing your engine of power.
A reduction in clean oxygen impacts the fuel-to-air ratio, and puts unnecessary stress on the engine. This reduces fuel efficiency and can hinder the car’s acceleration power.
A few signs your car needs an engine air intake filter replacement:
- It’s been 10,000-30,000 miles since your last filter inspection
- You frequently drive down dusty rural roads or streets with heavy construction
- You’ve noticed a loss in engine power
- You experience hesitation during acceleration
To keep your car running at maximum power, we recommend an air filter inspection every 3,000-6,000 miles. Regular tune-ups ensure both the cabin air filter and engine air intake filters are clean of debris.
A visual check is free of charge, and these assessments keep the filters from hurting vehicle performance. Rest assured – we guarantee our professional, ASE-certified technicians never suggest a needless repair or replacement.
If it’s time for air filtration maintenance, call Christian Brothers Automotive in Clermont, Florida. We’ll schedule an air filter inspection and make sure you experience the nice difference!