Free Oil Changes and Vehicle Safety Checks for Single Mothers and Widows on National Service Day
One of our favorite days of the year is coming up over here at Christian Brothers Automotive Round Rock. National Service Day is this Saturday, October 13th! National Service Day is a day we set aside for serving single moms and widows in the Round Rock community.
While the main service of our past events has been providing free oil changes; we are taking it a step further this year by also providing free safety checks and doing all needed repairs.
This event is a group effort by every member of the Christian Brothers Round Rock family. Our staff volunteer their time and talent to provide these services and we are so excited for the opportunity to give back to the community in this way.
While National Service Day has a deep history here at Christian Brothers, we could not do it without our faithful sponsors who help make this a great event for our strong single mothers and widows of Round Rock.
Some highlights of our event this year include:
- Breakfast provided by Chick-fil-A.
- All motor oil, wiper blades, hoses, belts, flushes and other needed parts provided by our key vendors: Interstate Batteries, Allied Sales, O'Reily's, Auto Zone, and Advance Auto Parts.
- Counseling and food service provided by Texas Baptist Children's Home. Texas Baptist Children’s Home (TBCH) in Round Rock serves single mom's and their children that come out of abusive homes and that have been abandoned. TBCH provides housing, food, vocational training and education helping those who are most vulnerable with support and structure they need to find hope, heal, and put their lives back on track.
- Children’s games and music provided by Boys to Men of God, an organization that serves children from father-absent homes.
- Members of the Round Rock Kiwanis Club/Key Club students have once again volunteered their time to wash vehicle windows and vacuum of all the vehicles.
- Door Prizes collected by Energy Affiliates, Financial Integrated Solutions, and R.O.C.K. Ride On Center for Kids.
- MOC Central will be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers with all the fixings for everyone starting mid-morning.
We love being a part of the Round Rock community and are so grateful we get to link arms with these wonderful organizations who create a fun and supportive environment for our guests while we take care of their vehicles.
To our local single mothers and widows, we want you to know that we are here to cheer you on and help you get to all the places you’re going without a hitch. We hope you can join us on October 13th and let us take care of your car for you. To take advantage of this free event, please call our office at 512-248-1000 to schedule an appointment. *To ensure we can serve all of our event guests in a timely manner, you must have an appointment to be served.
Happy National Service Day!