When you press on your brake pedal and stop your tires from turning, you should feel confident that your vehicle will come to a complete and precise stop.
Fortunately, your brake system’s health and function are largely in your hands. With regular maintenance and the readiness to address problems immediately, your brakes will work as they should for years.
When do you need brake system service?
An annual brake check will keep them responsive and to help avoid expensive replacements.
You should also have your brakes checked immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Continuous squeaking, squealing, or grinding
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light comes on
- The car jerks or pulls to one side when braking
- The brakes have to be pumped to work properly
- The brake pedal feels unusually soft and spongy or hard
- Brake fluid is leaking around the wheels or engine compartment
By calling for an appointment as soon as you discover issues, the problem can be immediately dealt will. This will keep every drive safe and help you avoid a needless expense.
What does brake system service include?
Every time your car is brought into our Tampa auto repair shop, your brake pads and fluids are checked. Our ASE-certified technicians evaluate these two elements to ensure the brake pads are the proper thickness and the brake fluid is clean and at the right levels.
Every 15,000 – 30,000 miles, we recommend a full inspection to assess the quality of the entire brake system. This service includes:
- Replacing worn brake pads and/or brake shoes
- Replacing brake fluid as needed
- Repacking wheel bearings as needed
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums as needed
- Adjusting the parking brake
- Lubricating specified components
At Christian Brothers Automotive New Tampa, brake system service and repair is covered by our 2-year/24,000-mile Nice Difference Warranty.
To schedule a brake system check today, call Christian Brothers Automotive in Tampa, Florida. Notice the nice difference!