1. Schedule Your Appointment
Whether scheduling online or over the phone be sure and let us know what you're experiencing so we can provide fast and accurate service advice.
2. Diagnostics and Inspections
Drop off your vehicle and the shop will get to work with inspections and diagnostics using the same equipment as the manufacturers to determine issues and next steps.
3. Digital Vehicle Inspection Report and Estimate
Following the diagnosis we will text you a digital vehicle inspection report, containing pictures and videos of our findings and recommendations.
4. Review and Approval
A service advisor will reach out to walk you through the findings and recommendations to determine how you would like to proceed, or you can approve work directly in your DVI.
5. Work Performed or Scheduled
Most work can be completed immediately, or scheduled based on parts and customer availability.
Why Choose Christian Brothers Automotive Hamilton Mill for Brake Service?
When it comes to your vehicle's brakes, you need a trusted professional with the knowledge and expertise to handle any brake-related issue. Here's why you should choose us:
- Experienced Technicians: Our ASE-certified technicians have years of experience working on various brake systems. They stay updated with the latest industry advancements to provide accurate diagnosis and effective solutions.
- Quality Parts: We only use high-quality brake components from reputable manufacturers to ensure long-lasting performance and safety.
- Comprehensive Brake Services: From brake inspections and pad replacements to rotor resurfacing and brake fluid flushes, we offer a wide range of brake services to meet all your needs.
- Transparent Communication: We believe in keeping our customers informed throughout the brake service process. Our technicians will explain the recommended repairs or replacements in simple terms, so you can make informed decisions.
- Honest and Fair Pricing: We provide upfront and transparent pricing for all our brake services. You can trust us to deliver quality workmanship without any hidden costs.
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee: We strive to exceed our customers' expectations and ensure their satisfaction. If you're not happy with our brake services, we'll work to make it right.
Signs That Your Vehicle Needs Brake Service
It's crucial to pay attention to any signs that indicate your vehicle may require brake service. Some common signs include:
- Squeaking or grinding noises when applying the brakes
- Unusual vibrations or pulsations when braking
- Soft or spongy brake pedal
- Brake warning light illuminated on the dashboard
- Vehicle pulling to one side while braking
- Longer stopping distances
If you notice any of these signs, it's essential to bring your vehicle to Christian Brothers Automotive Hamilton Mill for a thorough brake inspection.
Stay Safe on the Road with Regular Brake Inspections
Ensuring your vehicle's brakes are in optimal condition is crucial for your safety and the safety of others on the road. At Christian Brothers Automotive Hamilton Mill, our expert technicians are trained to perform thorough brake inspections to identify any potential issues and recommend the necessary repairs or replacements.
Benefits of regular brake inspections include:
- Early detection of brake problems
- Prevention of brake failure
- Increased stopping power
- Improved vehicle handling
- Extended brake pad and rotor lifespan
Our state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment allows us to accurately assess the condition of your brakes and provide you with a detailed report of our findings. Whether you need brake pad replacements, rotor resurfacing, or a complete brake system overhaul, our team is here to ensure your vehicle's brakes are in top-notch condition.
Don't compromise on your safety. Schedule a brake inspection with us ASAP.
Contact Us for Brake Service in Dacula, GA
Don't compromise your safety on the road by neglecting your vehicle's brakes. Reach out to Christian Brothers Automotive Hamilton Mill in Dacula, GA, for reliable and professional brake service.
Q. "Why is my ABS light on?"There are several reasons your vehicles anti-lock brake system light might be on. The four common reasons that typically cause this light to turn on include a malfunctioning ABS module, low levels in the fluid reservoir, broken wheel speed sensors, or the system is turned off. Learn more here.
Q. "How long will my brake pads last?"There is no perfect answer to this. Brake pads can last up to 70,000 miles while others will need to be replaced as early as 25,000 miles. The type of vehicle you drive, how you use your vehicle and your driving style are all factors to consider. If you are interested in learning more about brake pad wear and how to extend its lifespan click here.
Q. "When do I need to change my brake fluid?"Along with the type of brake fluid, your car’s owner manual will indicate how often you need your brake fluid flushed and replaced. In general, brake fluids flushes are recommended every 30,000 miles or two years. Click here to learn more.
Q. "Do you offer a warranty?"As part of our Nice difference.® commitment to providing our customers the best auto service experience possible, we also offer a3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all the work that we do. We offer this warranty at every Christian Brothers Automotive nationwide, and it will be honored at any location, regardless of which branch did the initial work.
Q. "What is a Digital Vehicle Inspection?"With a complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection (DVI) on every visit, you’ll see firsthand photos of your vehicle from under the hood. We’ll let you know if everything is functioning properly or if there are any areas of concern. You can even approve or deny our service recommendations, all straight from your smartphone, or you can, of course, give us a call and we’ll explain our findings in further detail.
Q. "Can you provide service under my extended warranty?"Yes. At Christian Brothers Automotive, we work with all major extended warranty providers to make needed repairs for our customers. If you have an extended warranty, you can discuss your carrier with our team when scheduling an appointment and confirm that the work will be covered. You can find a partial list of the extended warranty companies we work with here.
Hear What Our Customers Had to Say About Us
"I liked the customer service and going above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable while waiting in the store for my vehicle work to be done, specifically being offered a nice hot coffee with creamer."