- Oil change – this is a basic maintenance service that should be done at least once every 5,000 miles. If you’re planning on towing anything this summer, consider oil with a higher viscosity rating.
- Belts and Hoses – cracks and leaks in belts and hoses can become much worse in the heat and humidity of summer. If any of these break at the wrong time, you could be stranded on the road.
- Windshield Wipers – heat can really take a toll on your wiper blades. The Texas sun has been known to melt and warp them until they are useless. Wiper fluid is also essential to keeping your windshield clear of any bugs or raindrops.
- Coolant – sometimes it’s a challenge for your vehicle to keep the engine cool. The first step to make sure your engine doesn’t overheat is to check the coolant level and test if it’s in good condition. Coolant doesn’t last forever and should be changed periodically.
- Air Conditioning – it’s never fun to sit in a hot car. For this reason we recommend checking your A/C before you really start sweating. Our Texas technicians can help you diagnose any air conditioning problems and get the cold air flowing again!
At Christian Brothers Automotive Alamo Heights and Hill Country Village, the customer always comes first. Our courteous staff wants to keep your car in shape for summer so you can drive with peace of mind. Call us today at our auto repair center in San Antonio if you have any questions about preparing your car for summer travel. Experience the nice difference!