Be up front about your values and principles. Be honest and direct in your dealings with customers, employees and vendors. At Christian Brothers Automotive, we follow a very simple mission: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Happy Employees, Happy Customers
Treat your employees well. By doing so, you’ll eliminate turnover and create consistency for your customers. The more often a mechanic interacts with a customer, the more knowledgeable they are about vehicle history and concerns. This relationship leads to better customer service.
Address any customer complaints and solve problems quickly. The longer you wait, the worse the situation can become, for both your reputation and the customer. The vehicle owner will appreciate a prompt, honest response and solution.
In addition to these key guidelines, successful auto repair shops also use the following tactics:
- Make it easy for customers to schedule an appointment
- Greet customers in a friendly, prompt manner when they arrive
- Thoroughly explain the necessary auto services
- Perform services in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean, updated facility
- Offer a guarantee