Florida residents are well accustomed to hot, humid summers. With an air conditioning system on the fritz, you could be in for a very long – and very uncomfortable – summer season. When the heat outside your car rises, the entire vehicle has to work harder. The cooling system especially is put through extra strain as it tries to regulate the engine’s temperature.
Christian Brothers Automotive Clermont will help your car stand up to the heat. Call today to schedule a cooling system check and our ASE-certified technicians will make sure the radiator, coolant, hoses, water pump and cooling pump are all in optimal condition to keep your car cool.
Other ways to keep the AC working strong:
- Make sure your car isn’t leaking coolant or another fluid. If anti-freeze is leaking or refrigerant levels are low, your car won’t cool properly.
- Keep up with routine maintenance. Regular service checks prevent heat-related problems.
- Do your best to schedule errands and appointments during the cool parts of the day. The early morning or late evening hours put less strain on the car’s cooling system.
- Schedule regular oil changes. With your motor oil at the right level, the engine will be properly lubricated and better able to maintain a consistent temperature.
- Have the battery checked. When the outside temperature raises too high, the battery drains more quickly. This can negatively impact the performance of your AC.
Summers are rough on your car. However, with proper AC system maintenance, you can stay cool and in control all year long.