When pressing on the brake pedal, you should feel confident that your vehicle will come to a quick and complete stop.
Fortunately, your brake system’s operation is largely in your hands. With regular service checks and an immediate response to problems, your brakes will work as they should for years.
When do you need brake system service?
A yearly brake check keeps the brakes responsive and helps to avoid expensive replacements. Have your brakes inspected immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Continuous squeaking, squealing, or grinding
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light comes on
- The car jerks or pulls to one side when braking
- The brakes have to be pumped to work properly
- The brake pedal feels unusually soft and spongy or hard
- Brake fluid is leaking around the wheels or engine compartment
Call to schedule an appointment as soon as you discover brake system issues. This helps make every drive safe and problem-free.
What does brake system service include?
When your car is brought into our Riverview auto repair shop, we check your brake pads and fluids. Our ASE-certified technicians assess these two components to make sure the brake pads are the right thickness and the brake fluid is clean and full.
Schedule a full inspection every 15,000 – 30,000 miles so our professionals can evaluate the quality of the entire brake system. This service includes:
- Replacing worn brake pads and/or brake shoes
- Replacing brake fluid as needed
- Repacking wheel bearings as needed
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums as needed
- Adjusting the parking brake
- Lubricating specified components
At Christian Brothers Automotive Brandon, we cover brake system maintenance and repair by our 2-year/24,000-mile Nice Difference Warranty. To schedule a brake system inspection today, call Christian Brothers Automotive Brandon in Riverview, Florida. See the nice difference!