- Check your spark plugs and wires. Your ignition system works hard. Spark plugs fire millions of times, and inefficient spark plugs can cost you performance and fuel mileage.
- Check on your caps. Gas caps, radiator cap, brake fluids and more. Anywhere fluids are poured should be checked for a tight seal. This will keep out water and debris and keep your car running smoothly.
- Clean your headlights. Road salt, harsh weather, grime and other debris can leave your headlights cloudy and dirty. Take some extra time and clean them up to give yourself greater visibility for night driving. You may need to have them professionally cleaned.
- Rotate your tires. Remember to rotate your tires at least every 7,500 miles.
- Also, check your tire pressure. Changes in temperature create fluctuations in air pressure. Improperly inflated tires are a problem. Keep them at the proper levels for better gas mileage.
- Clean the interior. Spring cleaning is for your car, too.
- Check the air filter and cabin air filter. It’s spring – your car deserves to breathe fresh air, too.
- Have you checked all of your fluid levels? Checking the level of critical fluids is part of the Christian Brothers Automotive complimentary Courtesy Inspection. Stop by your neighborhood Christian Brothers to get a spring checkup.
- Replace your wiper blades. New wiper blades can really increase visibility on rainy days.
- Change the oil. This is key to a long lasting car.